Whether you are a beginner website creator or a game server administrator, knowing how to create a MySQL database is essential.
MySQL Databases are used to store various data or information of applications. Together they form a Database system.
Even though mainly for Database creation we use a command line, the DirectAdmin control panel gives us the opportunity to simplify this process with a visual representation of all the commands.
This tutorial will guide you through the whole process of creating a MySQL Database with the help of DirectAdmin.
Connecting to the DirectAdmin control panel:
1. Firstly, you need to reach the control panel on the website;
2. Then, click the "DirectAdmin" panel button. You will be logged on automatically, but in case it doesn't log you in, enter the directadmin account login information found in the "Logins" square located in the service dashboard;
3. After logging in you will see the "My Account" tab and in it, you will find "MySQL Management" on the bottom line of the options. Click on it;
4. Once the MySQL Management page is open, you will see databases that have already been created. If there is none, click the "Create new Database" button located on the left of the page. On this page you are also able to assign a new user;
5. Create a database name, a database username for later logins, and a password;
6. Lastly, click the "Create" button;
7. You will get a success message once your database has been created.
And that is it. Your MySQL database is created. You can access it by going to your service dashboard and clicking on the "MySQL“ button, then, the window to access PHPMyAdmin will open up. There you will be able to enter your database username and database password, which you‘ve created for the database. For any additional databases, just repeat the process.
If you have any additional inquiries or if any problems arise, please feel free to contact our support team and we will be happy to guide you through the process.
Creating an email address through the DirectAdmin control panel Have you ever gotten an email from an address with a custom domain? Did you like...